Put More Than 25 Years Of Legal Experience In Your Corner
Personal injury law turns on a concept called the tort, or wrong. If one party wrongs another, the injured party can make a claim for compensation. At Mayer & Associates, P.C., our business is representing people who have been injured in civil litigation against those who were responsible for the wrong. Regardless of the circumstance, our Kansas City personal injury attorney is committed to providing you with the thorough legal representation you deserve.
We have effectively represented clients in a wide range of injury claims, including:
- Injuries caused by defective products
- Unsafe premises that lead to an accident
- Catastrophic injuries and death
- Workers’ compensation claims
Aggressive Representation And Compassionate Advocacy
There are many kinds of torts and injuries. Our personal injury lawyer focuses on serious injuries arising from motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-fall situations and product failures. We also represent workers who have been injured on the job, and who need help obtaining full compensation.
Our team seeks out compensation to help you handle things like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and earning power
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
How Is A Settlement Reached?
A settlement is reached when the defendant agrees to pay the plaintiff a specified amount to drop the case. Typically, this is how most personal injury cases end – the majority of settlements are reached before a lawsuit is even filed. The amount of a settlement will vary depending on several factors, including medical costs, pain and suffering, and severity of the injury. When you come to Mayer & Associates, P.C., you can trust that we will work tirelessly to pursue the justice you deserve while you focus on yourself and your loved ones.
What To Consider When Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
Accidental injuries are the third leading cause of death in our country, according to the National Safety Council. Nobody is ever warned that he or she is going to get injured in an accident later that day. When you commute to or from work, do grocery shopping or go about your daily activities, the last thing you want is to end up in a hospital.
Fortunately, Missouri law allows injured individuals to file a personal injury claim in order to seek compensation for their injury. However, your case needs to meet certain legal requirements to make you eligible to receive financial compensation.
Our Kansas City personal injury attorney from Mayer & Associates, P.C., will make the process of recovering damages less complicated and less confusing by answering some of the most common questions asked by our clients.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
Attorney fees in personal injury cases vary greatly and depend on several factors in your case, including the amount of money you can obtain as part of the settlement or award. After hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in Kansas City or elsewhere in Missouri, the lawyer will most likely have you sign a contingency fee agreement. More often than not, attorney fees for personal injury cases amount to one-third of the total value of the case. For example, if you suffer a minor injury in a slip-and-fall accident and your damages and losses are worth $5,000, your personal injury lawyer may charge you about $1,500 for helping you win your case.
At Mayer & Associates, P.C., our clients only pay attorney fees if we win or settle. Unlike many other attorneys, we do not charge upfront costs, nor do we overcharge or make you pay unreasonably high bills. Everything is transparent, fair and cost-effective when it comes to working with our Kansas City injury lawyer.
How will an attorney calculate how much your injury claim is worth?
Although there is no 100% guaranteed formula to determine the cost of your personal injury claim, there are multiple factors that will impact the total value of your case:
- The severity of your injury: Is your injury permanent or will you only need a few weeks to recover? Were pain and suffering involved? Has your injury affected your earning capacity? These and other questions need to be investigated by an experienced personal injury attorney to determine how much your case is worth.
- Economic losses: Unlike noneconomic (or nontangible) losses and damages, economic losses are pretty easy to determine in a personal injury case. Just add up all the medical bills and lost wages.
- Liability: The clearer the other party’s fault, the more you can recover in your personal injury settlement or verdict. It goes without saying the other party will most likely attempt to blame you for the accident or at least make you partially at fault for it, which can ultimately minimize the total value of your case. That’s why it is advised to be represented by a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will ensure that you collect sufficient evidence proving the other party’s fault early on in the investigation.
How can a Kansas City personal injury attorney help you win your case?
We use this three-step strategy to help you win your personal injury case:
- Documentation — We will collect all records related to your claim, including but not limited to medical records, medical bills and others.
- Investigation — Our lawyer will investigate your case in order to collect evidence proving the other party’s fault.
- Negotiation — Your attorney will negotiate with other parties and insurance companies on your behalf and in your best interests. If negotiations lead nowhere, your lawyer will take your legal case to trial.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Call 816-692-2877 or use the online contact form on this website to schedule a free consultation with a Kansas City personal injury lawyer today to discuss your case. Remember, there are no upfront costs and we only get paid if you do.