Uninsured Motorist Accidents
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Car Accidents
  6.  » Uninsured Motorist Accidents

You Can Still Collect Damages If Hurt By An Uninsured Driver

If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident in which the responsible party was underinsured or uninsured, do not assume that you are out of options. There is a possibility that you may be eligible to receive compensation through your auto insurance policy, rather than that of the other driver. In some cases, we are able to find other resources, such as the negligent driver’s personal finances or property.

To speak with a team with decades of experience in representing victims of car accidents, look no further than Mayer & Associates, P.C.. Our Kansas City car accident lawyer has more than 25 years of experience. We assist car accident victims throughout Kansas and Missouri with a wide variety of legal matters.

Differences In Kansas And Missouri Law

Kansas and Missouri require drivers to include an uninsured motorist insurance provision (UM/UIM) with their auto insurance. Kansas is a no-fault accident state, requiring drivers to also carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage with their auto policies. If you have these options, we can make a claim with your insurance if you are injured in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.

In Missouri, you are permitted to “stack” UM/UIM policies. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you may be eligible to receive additional compensation by carrying out claims under each of your policies. If you are interested in pursuing this course of action, you will need a thorough and experienced legal team at your side to see it through.

Schedule A Free Initial Consultation

For a free consultation with our Kansas City uninsured driver accident attorneys, please call us at 816-692-2877 or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting.