Kansas City Dirt Bike Accident Attorney
Riding a dirt bike can be a fun activity for various age groups, but all too often they lead to serious injuries. In many cases, dirt bike accidents happen due to the negligence of another person or company. At Mayer & Associates, P.C., we are ready to help if you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a dirt bike incident. You may be eligible for compensation, so let us get to work investigating the incident today. When you need a dirt bike accident attorney in Kansas City, call us.
What Happens In These Incidents?
Dirt bikes are an increasingly popular activity, especially in males under the age of 30. Going off-roading as a recreational activity, which is how dirt bikes are primarily used, can be fun. However, it can also lead to serious injuries for riders.
It has been over 10 years since the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) studied nonfatal dirt bike injuries. They found that injuries sustained while riding dirt bikes can be life-altering or fatal. Some of the most common injuries that dirt bike riders sustain include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
- Other injuries that inhibit a person’s daily activities
The CDC also found that dirt bike riding is most popular among white males under 30 years of age in nonmetropolitan areas. The majority of dirt bike accidents happen to children and teens.
In Missouri, the minimum age that a person can ride an all-terrain vehicle without an adult is 16, but people do not always abide by these rules. The CDC found that those aged between 12 and 15 had the highest rate of nonfatal injuries on dirt bikes.
- Nearly 40% of injuries involved fractures or internal trauma
- Over 60% of victims suffered an injury to an extremity
- Over 15% of these cases primarily involved head or neck
Who Can Be Held Liable For Accidents?
There are various reasons that another person or company could be held liable for crash injuries:
- Recreation companies that allow for unsafe operation do not provide safety equipment or allow underage riders
- Dirt bike companies that manufacture unsafe vehicles
- Adults who allow children to ride unaccompanied
- Riders who crash into others due to reckless driving
Let Us Get To Work On Your Case Today
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a dirt bike crash, you may need to seek legal assistance. The team at Mayer & Associates, P.C., is ready to investigate what caused the crash and work to determine whether you are entitled to receive the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the crash
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against a negligent party
If you need a motorcycle accident attorney in Kansas City, you can contact us. For a free consultation, contact us online or call Mayer & Associates, P.C.