What If My Employer Said I Don’t Have Workers’ Compensation?
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Workers’ Compensation
  6.  » What If My Employer Said I Don’t Have Workers’ Compensation?

What To Do If You Are Told You Are Not Covered By Workers’ Compensation

For most workers in Kansas and Missouri, workers’ compensation is there to pay for medical bills and replace lost wages if you are injured on the job. However, what if your employer says you are not covered?

At the law firm of Mayer & Associates, P.C., our Kansas City workers’ compensation lawyer offers a free and confidential consultation to review your situation and explain your options. Please call 816-692-2877.

You May Be Covered By Workers’ Compensation

Employers sometimes mislead employees about the benefits they have. For example, just because you’re an undocumented worker doesn’t mean you aren’t eligible for workers’ compensation. Our Kansas City workers’ compensation attorney will determine whether you are eligible.

You May Have Other Disability Coverage

Over-the-road truckers, contractors and other workers may be covered by private disability plans that provide benefits similar to workers’ compensation. Our lawyer will review your disability plan and help you obtain all of the benefits you are due.

You May Have The Right To Sue Your Employer

If your injury was caused by your employer’s negligence, and your employer does not provide workers’ compensation benefits, you may have the right to sue your employer. We will review your case and determine if your employer was negligent.

You May Have The Right To Sue A Third Party

If your injury was caused by a third party (someone who doesn’t work for your employer), you may have the right to sue the third party for the damages you have suffered. Examples of third parties are equipment manufacturers and drivers (not employed by your company) in car accidents.

Let Us Review The Facts Of Your Case

We welcome the opportunity to review the facts of your situation and help determine if legal action is warranted. Call 816-692-2877 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.

We represent injured workers in Missouri and Kansas, and we only collect an attorney fee if we help you obtain a recovery.