Undocumented Worker Injuries
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Workers’ Compensation
  6.  » Undocumented Worker Injuries

Workers’ Compensation Representation For Undocumented Workers

If you are an undocumented worker, you may not know where to turn if you have suffered an on-the-job injury. At the law firm of Mayer & Associates, P.C., our Kansas City workers’ compensation lawyer offers a free and confidential consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions.

Our lawyer handles workers’ compensation and personal injury cases for undocumented workers in Missouri and Kansas. Here are answers to questions that our attorney is often asked about injuries to undocumented workers.

Am I eligible for workers’ compensation?

You are eligible for workers’ compensation regardless of your immigration status. As long as your injury occurred on the job, you have a right to obtain benefits.

What benefits are available from workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation provides free medical treatment for work-related injuries and occupational diseases. You also have a right to receive lost wage benefits.

Can my employer fire me if I file a workers’ compensation claim?

While Kansas and Missouri are at-will employment states (meaning your employer can fire you for almost any reason), it is illegal for your employer to fire you in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim. If your employer does fire you, our Kansas City workers’ compensation lawyer may have cause to file a lawsuit against your employer.

Can I be deported after filing a workers’ compensation claim?

Your workers’ compensation claim will be focused only on your injury and not on your legal status. While you could be deported for other reasons, filing a workers’ compensation will not lead to a government review of your legal status.

Can I sue the person who injured me?

While your employer and anyone who works for your employer is generally protected from being sued for an injury that occurs on the job, you may have the right to sue a third party who was responsible for your injury.

Contact Us For More Information On Undocumented Worker Injuries

For answers to your questions about work-related injuries, please call our Kansas City workers’ comp attorney at 816-692-2877 or contact us online.