In the early morning hours of April 1, Kansas City police say that a 26-year-old man was killed in a car crash along I-435 at 87th Street. Sgt. Bill Mahoney says that the driver of a Cadillac Escalade was driving south in the northbound lanes when they struck the 26-year-old man in his Ford Fusion. The wrong-way driver, a woman, was taken to the hospital but is believed to be in stable condition.
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we know that driving in and around the city can be dangerous. However, when another driver’s negligence causes you or someone you love harm, we are here to help. When you need a car accident attorney Kansas City MO, let us secure the compensation you deserve.
What Can Happen?
We do not yet know why the woman in the Escalade was driving the wrong way down the highway. As we await the investigation’s results, we do want to point out that there are risks on the roadways, particularly when it comes to negligent drivers.
For the latest reporting year in Missouri, there were 153,422 total crashes reported. Out of those, there were:
- 923 crash fatalities
- 57,270 crash injuries
While we realize that not all vehicle crashes are the result of another person’s gross negligence, there are times when a person’s recklessness needs to be called into account. This is particularly true in the following circumstances:
- Drivers impaired by drugs or alcohol. For the year mentioned above, they were responsible for 23% of all crash fatalities in Missouri.
- Drivers who were speeding were responsible for 36% of the traffic fatalities that year.
- Distracted drivers are a growing concern across all age groups. As technology becomes more and more a part of our lives, it can be tempting to look at a message or watch a video while behind the wheel.
We commonly help victims who experience the following injuries as a result of vehicle crashes:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
These injuries can lead to significant medical procedures and high costs for victims and their families. What is often left out of insurance settlements are the hidden costs associated with crashes (home and vehicle accommodations, rehabilitation, and therapy, lost wages and benefits of the victim, and more.).
What We Can Do Now
The last thing you need to worry about when you hit the road is that another person will cause you or a loved one harm. At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., our qualified and experienced team will be your advocate with the insurance companies and other parties involved so you can get the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage for all of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages