As many of you are aware, we have had a few electric scooter companies set up shop here in Kansas City. While we can debate the safety of these scooters later, we want to bring your attention to another problem – some of them have been recalled by the manufacturer.
Lime, one of the companies that operate electric scooters in the city, acknowledged that there was a recall and they were not sure how many scooters in the area were affected. It could be up to 500 in our area.
The recall involves scooters made by a company called Okai and they say the scooters may break more easily than they should, posing a risk to those who use them.
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we know that product recalls are not rare. In fact, you may have many products in your home right now that are faulty. Do you know where to turn if you have been injured by something you have used or consumed?
If you need a Kansas City product liability attorney, you can count on our experienced team to get the compensation you deserve.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability cases arise when a product that you use or consume causes you an injury or illness because it was faulty. These cases usually happen in one of three ways:
- The product was poorly designed, which caused it to operate differently than intended. This can cause harm to consumers.
- The product sustained a manufacturing error that altered it from its original design. Any time a product is altered, it can cause harm to consumers.
- There was a labeling issue that misled consumers. This can include a number of things. If medications do not have the proper dosage listed, it can cause serious harm. All foods should have allergens listed. Any product should list all known hazards so consumers know what to watch out for.
If you look at the government website that tracks recalls, you will see that there are many products on the market that can cause harm. Among them are vehicles, appliances, toys, foods, cosmetics, and medications.
We know that you probably do not think twice about using the items you purchase. We just assume that the products we use are safe and have been inspected for quality. Sometimes, though, problems are not detected until a product in the hands of millions of consumers.
What You Can Do
If you or a loved one have been injured by a product you have purchased, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Product liability cases can become complex, so securing a knowledgeable legal team is vital.
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we want to help you get compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses that relate to the faulty product
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the company
- Lost income if you have to miss work
When you need a Kansas City product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 816-941-8949.